Mali government kills five suspected terrorists
Mali's Security Minister Salif Traore said there was absolutely no doubt in the government's mind that an attack on a local luxury resort this weekend was terror related.
The attack, which took place just outside Bamako, was met with some stern reaction from Malian security forces, who have subsequently killed five men who they believe were militants responsible for the attack.
"This was without doubt a terrorist attack," Traore told Radio France International.
"The anti-terrorist forces arrived on the scene immediately afterwards. Five terrorists were killed ... The operations continued throughout the night," added Traore.
While the five have been killed, indications are that others who were involved in these attacks are still at large and the pressure is now on to find out who they are and who they work for.
More News South Africa
- Knysna crisis looms, as Akkerkloof Dam has water for just 20 days
- ANC seeking quality leadership in the Western Cape
- Storm damage at WC school hits R124-million
- This day in history: Land dispossession legislated
- Chaka Chaka pleasantly surprised by BET recognition
- Tavern owner arrested for murder of customer
- Ten injured after SUV rear-ends truck
- Union wants train vandals to get same punishment as murderers and rapists
- Dudu Myeni m.i.a as SAA looks to crash and burn
- Man admits to killing 2-year-old stepdaughter